Jim Baugh (Florida)
- President & CEO of PHIT America: PHIT America is a cause dedicated to increasing physical activity and fitness to improve the health of America. Launched in January 2013 PHIT has over 140+ companies and organizations working together to accomplish its mission. While the name PHIT sounds like FIT, it also has another meaning. PHIT stands for Personal Health Investment Today.
- Consultant to Sports & Leisure Industries, focus on sporting goods manufacturers
- Leader in initiatives to "Get America Moving"
- Knowledgeable in Marketing, Strategic Planning, Distribution, Far East manufacturing practices, with many relationships
- Tennis Industry Association (TIA), President
- United States Tennis Association (USTA), Board Member
- Wilson Sporting Goods, $1B profitable global company, President
- Wilson Racquet Sports, General Manager
- Grew performance racquet share from 12% to 50%
- Wilson Golf, General Manager
- Prince, Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Then #1 racquet brand in the U.S.
- Led increase in sales from $6MM million to $60MM
- Converse, Sales Representative
- Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA), Board of Directors
- Raised nearly $800MM from the U.S. Federal Budget for Physical Education
- Inducted into the NSGA Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame in 2011
- Sportstyle Magazine, 7th most influential person in sporting goods industry in 1997
- The Sporting Life, "Most Powerful Person in Tennis in the Past 25 Years", 1996
- Graduate of Rider University and recipient of "Distinguished Alumnus Award"
Lisa Delpy-Neirotti, Ph.D. (Washington, DC)
- Associate Professor of Tourism and Sport Management at The George Washington University (GWU), School of Business in Washington, DC (21 year tenure)
- Director of Sport Management at GWU - MBA, MTA, BBA. Developed one of the top university sports management programs in the world
- On the Faculty of the The STAR EMBA™ at GWU, a fully-accredited specialized Executive MBA program for individuals with strong personal brands such as professional athletes, artists, and musicians
- Directs GW Green Sports Scorecard, looking at the sustainability of sports facilities
- Author, The Ultimate Guide to Sports Event Management and Marketing, McGraw-Hill
- Traveled to 56 countries studying the Olympic Movement, attended 15 consecutive Olympic Games, and three World Cups (serving on the World Cup Host Committee in Washington DC)
- Participated in economic, spectator, and market research studies for: Olympic Games, World Cup, BNP Paribas Open, Legg Mason Tennis Classic, Marine Corp Marathon, Rock and Roll Marathon, Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Race, Army Ten Miler, Military Bowl, Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, and Washington Redskins
- Founded the annual TEAMS: Travel, Events, and Management in Sports Conference
- Women's Sport Foundation (WSF) Advisory Board Member
- President of the DC Chapter of Women In Sports and Events (WISE)
- Received Study Grants: Snow Sports Industries of America; NFL Youth Football Fund; Pacific Life Tennis Open; SFX Sports
- Teaches in the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Masters program
- Created three products and was recognized by SportsEvents Magazine in 2008 as one of the "Top 25 Innovators and Influencers in Sport"
- Ph.D., University of New Mexico, 1991
- M.S., George Mason University, 1988
- B.S., California Polytechnic State University, 1985
Joel Evans, Ph.D.
- Joel R. Evans, Ph.D., is a Distinguished Professor in the Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University, Long Island, New York. The Zarb School is nationally ranked by the Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report, and Crain's, among others.
- Dr. Evans is the co-author of Marketing, 12th edition (Textbook Media Press, 2014), which was one of the first American marketing books to be translated into Russian. He is also the co-author of Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 12th edition (Pearson, 2013). This book is widely used internationally and is available in English, Chinese, and Russian editions.
- At Hofstra, Professor Evans regularly teaches at the undergraduate, graduate, and Executive MBA levels. Among the courses he regularly teaches are graduate classes entitled "Product Innovation and Planning" and "Strategic Decisions for Online Marketing in a Global Marketplace" (which has a heavy social media emphasis). Another graduate class he teaches is the capstone course in the Executive MBA program.
- Professor Evans has consulted for a number of firms, both large and small; and he has served as an expert economic witness for many client law firms – both plaintiffs and defendants. In addition, he has been interviewed in many media formats: newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, and online. He has also presented several times to a variety of audiences on the topics of social media and self-branding for career growth.
- Professor Evans writes a marketing blog, "Evans on Marketing" (http://evansonmarketing.com) and a retailing blog, "Retailing: From A to Z by Joel Evans" (http://bermanevansretail.com). Each of these blogs has more than a thousand posts and a worldwide following. He is also Blogger-in-Chief of the Zarb School's new blog (http://zarbmeansbusiness.com).
- These are among the recognitions that Dr. Evans has received: listed in Who's Who in the World; recipient, Hofstra Zarb School of Business Faculty Distinguished Service Award; recipient, four Hofstra Zarb School of Business Dean's Awards; selected as MBA Teacher of the Year by the Hofstra MBA Association; and honoree, two Citibank Book and Author Receptions at Hofstra.
Irwin A Kishner, Esq. (New York City)
- Chairman of Herrick's Executive Committee and a member of the firm's Corporate Department
- Practice focuses on general corporation law with an emphasis on sophisticated transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, sports law, private equity, securities law, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, new media law, venture capital, joint venture, entertainment law, corporate finance and lending, intellectual property and licensing, employment law, equity and debt offerings and syndications in both the public and private context.
- Has handled numerous mergers and acquisitions on behalf of acquirers, targets, and investment banks. The range of transactions includes proxy contests, joint ventures, self tender offers, third party and spin-offs, taking public companies private, and other forms of corporate restructurings.
- Practice also includes representation of private equity and venture capital funds and investors in fund formation (onshore and offshore), acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies.
- Has successfully structured, negotiated, supervised and closed many financing and capital raising transactions, including private placements, initial public offerings, PIPEs, hedge fund convertible security investments, secured and mezzanine loan facilities, project finance, workouts, reorganizations, equity and debt restructurings and negotiation of intercreditor relationships.
- Represents a number of professional sports franchises and has acted as primary counsel on several high profile team acquisitions; cable television and radio contracts; internet and intellectual property rights; joint ventures; credit facilities; advertising and sponsorship contracts; development and naming rights agreements; franchise transfers and financings; major event and tournament promotions; and seat license agreements for stadiums and arenas. He has acted as lead counsel in all aspects of five major stadium transactions, most significantly the new Yankee Stadium, and also represents financial institutions and bond insurers in stadium finance matters and loans to teams and team owners.
- Irwin's recent sports related experience includes the representation of the New York Yankees in their joint venture effort with Manchester City to create Major League Soccer's New York City Football Club (NYCFC), and the continuing representation of the Club across a range of transactions. He also recently advised Legends Hospitality in the deal to develop and operate the observation deck at the top of One World Trade Center, and was lead counsel to the New York Yankees and Yankee Global Enterprises in News Corp's 2012 acquisition of a 49 percent stake in the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network (YES), and 21st Century Fox's subsequent acquisition of a majority stake in YES in 2014.
Stewart F. Lane (New York City)
- Five-time Tony Award winning Broadway producer with two shows currently on Broadway: Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and the play War Horse
- Tony Awards: 1984 Best Musical - La Cage aux Folles, 1991 Best Musical - The Will Rogers Follies, 2002 Best Musical - Thoroughly Modern Millie, 2006 Best Theatrical Event – Jay Johnson: The Two and Only, and 2011 Best Play – War Horse
- Nominated for 11 Tony awards, and has been nominated for and received numerous other industry awards including three Drama Desk Awards, a Drama Critics Circle Award, Outer Circle Critics Award, and a Drama League Award. Produced in London and Oliver nominated twice
- Numerous Broadway Producing Credits: Sunday in the Park with George (revival), Fiddler on the Roof (revival) starring Alfred Molina, Gypsy (revival) starring Bernadette Peters, 1776 (revival) starring Pat Hingle and Brent Spiner, The Goodbye Girl starring Martin Short and Bernadette Peters, Woman of the Year starring Lauren Bacall, Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, Enron, All About Me, Superior Donuts starring Michael McKean, American Buffalo, Cyrano De Bergerac starring Kevin Kline, Jennifer Garner and Daniel Sunjata, Legally Blonde, Minnelli on Minnelli starring Liza Minnelli, Wait Until Dark starring Quentin Tarantino and Marisa Tomei, Can-Can starring Zizi Jeanmaire, Frankenstein starring Dianne Wiest, Teaneck Tanzi starring Deborah Harry and Andy Kaufman, A Change in the Heir, The Grand Tour starring Joel Grey, West Side Story starring Debbie Allen, Come Fly Away with the music of Frank Sinatra and the choreography of Twyla Tharp, and The Merchant of Venice with Al Pacino as part of the Public Theater's Shakespeare in the Park series
- Produced the documentary films: Show Business: The Road to Broadway; Brooklyn Rules starring Alec Baldwin and Freddy Prinze, Jr.; and the Broadway production of Company starring Raul Ezparza and Cyrano de Bergerac starring Kevin Kline for Great Performances on PBS
- Co-owner of the Palace Theatre on Broadway with the Nederlander Organization
- Partner in the Tribeca Grill with Robert De Niro
- Board of Trustees, The Actor's Fund of America and Chairman, The Theatre Museum
- B.F.A., Boston University College of Fine Arts
James K. Mason (North Carolina)
- Carojam Capital, LLC - Early stage principal investments and M&A Advisory Services
- Head of M&A for Bank of New York Capital Markets, Inc., leading a group responsible for Media & Entertainment clients (Eight year tenure)
- Global Head of Media & Entertainment Investment Banking Group at UBS Securities
- Head of M&A for the Media & Entertainment Sector at Chemical/Chase Securities
- Started and was head of Media & Entertainment M&A Group at Merrill Lynch (17 year tenure)
- Completed over $82B in M&A and capital markets transactions. Silicon Valley and cross-border experience
- Clients have included: BET Holdings, Blockbuster, CBS, Cox Enterprises, Dick Clark Productions, E.W. Scripps, Grundy, Inner City Broadcasting, ITC Entertainment, MGM/UA, MTV Europe, Marvin Davis, PolyGram, Primedia, Rank Organisation PLC, Robert Maxwell Group, Rosetta Stone, Samsung, Spectravision, Spelling Entertainment, Sumner Redstone, Time Warner, Tussauds Group, Yoo-Hoo, and many others
- Served on Board of Directors of Inner City Media Corporation
- Served on Advisory Board for ML Media Partners & MEDIAGRAVITY.COM
- Prior to investment banking, was Station Manager for the NBC affiliate in Raleigh/Durham, having also worked for Metromedia and Cap Cities Broadcasting
- MBA with Honors, Columbia University
- BA, Duke University
- Head of Twitter Sports, Led Twitter's sports partnerships with leagues, networks, teams and athletes with the objective of growing the volume and quality of content on the platform and increasing the efficacy and frequency of on-air integrations.
- CEO, Professional Bowlers Association, Led creation of the PBA League which includes Chris Paul, Kevin Hart, Chris Hardwick and Billie Jean King amongst its owners. Negotiated new television deals with ESPN and CBS Sports Network which resulted in expansion of nationally telecast hours while dramatically reducing production expenses. Served as Executive Producer for live and taped ESPN telecasts.
- SVP/GM Digital, Newsweek, Led overhaul of digital strategy, product and technical infrastructure. Oversaw site redesign, adaption of new CMS and hosting solutions, expanded social integration and oversaw creation of 2010.newsweek.com, a comprehensive multi-media review of the first decade of the century.
- SVP, ESPN, Developed and acquired Black Magic, a Peabody award winning documentary, negotiated and launched the ESPN Tribecca Film Festival, Executive Produced ESPN's first weekly fantasy football show, developed and served as Executive Producer for a Sports Emmy award nominated documentary about Muhammed Ali.Consolidated management of all ESPN licensed consumer products business with ESPN's publishing division. Oversaw ESPN's licensing relationships across all product categories. Led strategic planning of ESPN's console games division and helped negotiate long term licensing deal with Electronic Arts Led all editorial, sales, and business side functions at ESPN the Magazine. Launched new international and newsstand products, consolidated ESPN Insider into subscriber base and led the Magazine to a ASME award for General Excellence while generating record operating income. Led programming strategy, product development, and design for ESPN.com, ESPN Insider and ESPN Fantasy.
- SVP, Sports Publishing, Led all product, design and editorial operations from launch to site operations for ESPN.com, ESPN Insider, ESPN Fantasy, NFL.com, NBA.com, and Nascar.com.
Howard Smith (New York Metro)
- SVP Content Strategy, Herschend Family Entertainment
- Executive Vice President, Recreation, Nickelodeon and MTV Networks Kids and Family Group (21 year tenure)
- Launched the Recreation Group, a $125 million business that entertained 20 million guests annually, in four specialized segments: theme parks, hotels, cruises, and touring shows
- Created and managed multi-million dollar development deals for Nickelodeon with Universal Studios, Paramount Parks, Cedar Fair, Village Roadshow, Mall of America, Marriott International, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, among others
- Partnered with Mall of America to create Nickelodeon's first stand-alone theme park, Nickelodeon Universe. It is the largest indoor amusement park in the US and features live entertainment, characters, retail and food establishments, and 26 attractions themed with top-ranking intellectual properties including: SpongeBob SquarePants; Dora the Explorer; Go, Diego, Go! Avatar: The Last Airbender; and more. The Park has entertained millions of guests and is considered one of the best "family friendly" parks in the world
- Created live show touring division that produced 15 of the industry's most compelling and successful family shows including: SpongeBob Squarepants Live, Dora The Explorer Live, Blue's Clues Live, Rugrats Live, All that Music and More Festivals, and Backyardigans Live. The shows have sold over 400 million tickets worldwide and broke many industry records, including the gross box office record at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The shows have toured in Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific
- Negotiated a licensing partnership to create the Nickelodeon Family Suites Resort, a 777-suite resort spanning 24 acres in Orlando, Florida
- Director of Network Development for MTV in London, instrumental in launching MTV in 18 countries by negotiating critical cable and satellite household distribution for Viacom's first international cable and satellite network. Managed regional sales offices and marketing teams in the Netherlands, UK, Italy, France and Germany
- At Turner Broadcasting Systems in Atlanta, GA, negotiated major cable distribution deals for CNN, WTBS and Headline News in the southeast and northeast regions of the US
- B.A., Washington & Lee University. Studies in French and international economics at Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris and La Sorbonne
Howard Jaslow, Esq.
Cliff A. Katz, Esq.
Goldberg, Katz & Jaslow, LLP
475 Park Avenue, South
New York, New York 10016
Mark Perlson, CPA
977 North Broadway
North Massapequa, NY 11758