Howard J. Kahn
Cell: (516) 662-1508
Experienced originator of acquisitions and respected advisor
Founder, Innovative Strategic Management, LLC,
and Innovative Sports and Entertainment
- Advisory Group provides diversified management and consulting services in sports, entertainment, and other fields. Originated private equity transactions.
- Originated $700+ million in "off-market" acquisitions for Parques Reunidos of Madrid, Spain backed by Private Equity Group Candover (now Arle) of the U.K. Acquisitions included:
- Palace Entertainment (33 properties) from Mid Ocean Partners
- Kennywood Entertainment (5 properties) from large family
- Dutch Wonderland from Hershey Entertainment
- Noah's Ark, largest waterpark in the USA, from its founders
- Miami Seaquarium, acquired by Festival Fun Parties dba Palace Entertainment
- Advised Bond Holders led by Cerberus on problematic investment in Hard Rock Park, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Advised large Hedge Fund with $100 million + investments in large publicly traded amusement and entertainment companies.
- Led scores of middle market advisory engagements.
Senior Vice President & General Manager, Auto & Leisure Products, Cendant Corporation
- Member of Senior Management turn-around team formed to deal with problematic issues of HFS – CUC Merger.
- Managed P&L of a $100 million business, staff of 800 in three cities, including a senior leadership team of direct reports.
- Direct Marketing businesses included: AutoVantage, Family FunSaver Club, and Dinner On Us Club
- Turned around cash flow negative operating businesses, producing $125 million in revenues and $25 million in EBITDA
- Created new businesses - Great Fun & Great Experiences
- Sold AutoVantage Dealer Referral Network to Wayne Huizenga's AutoNation, as platform for AOL's on-line car sales program.
Vice President of U.S. Sales for LIVENT
- Then North America's largest and fastest growing producer of live entertainment. Productions included Ragtime, Showboat, and Fosse. Key achievements:
- Retained to work on Company's Chapter 11 work-out team
- Kept operating businesses cash-flow positive
- Outsourced Company's sales operations
Vice President of Sales, Madison Square Garden
- Led unprecedented sell-outs of Season Subscriptions for Knicks & Rangers; quadrupled Group Sales Revenues; managed ticket sales and marketing for five franchises - Knicks, Rangers, Liberty, Chase Championships, and City Hawks.
- On Business Development Teams for A Christmas Carol & Behind The Scenes Tour
- Created $25 million Special Event Sales Business
- Launched Intel's Pentium II Chip, Infiniti's Automobile Line, relaunched Buick car line
- Premiered Disney's A Little Mermaid & Howard Stern's Private Parts
- Arena Floor Dinners – U.S. Olympic Committee & March of Dimes Roast honoring Marv Albert
- Events that introduced FOX Sports Network, NBA Draft, many others
- Began career at Coney Island's Astroland Amusement Park
- Served as President of the New York Park & Attractions Association
- Served on the Board of Directors and as Chairman of the Public Relations Committee of the International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions (IAAPA)
- Received the IAAPA's "Meritorious Service Award." This annual award is given in recognition of the Most Outstanding Service To The Industry By An Individual.
- UJA-Federation Business Leaders Forum Executive Committee.
- Recognized for charitable endeavors by the Boy Scouts of America, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Schneider Children's Hospital, Sunrise Day Camp, Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center, Camp Kehilla, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and others.
- MBA, Hofstra University. Chairman & Founder of MBA Alumni Group. Co-Chair of Frank G. Zarb School of Business Alumni Association.
- Advisory Board, Zarb School, Department of Marketing and International Business
- BA, Harpur College, State University of New York at Binghamton